The third quarter of 2020 definitely came with a lot of new releases of gadgets. Among these new releases is the Xiaomi Redmi 9i. The Redmi 9i is a successor of the Redmi 9 in the series. From the look of things and expectations from users, the Xiaomi Redmi 9i was meant to be the upgraded version of Redmi 9 which was released in August, barely a month between the two release dates. However, the similarities between the two gadgets could make one wonder if the Redmi 9i was produced to be a compensation for some subtle flaw of the Redmi 9. The comparison of specs of both devices makes it seem like the Redmi 9i is the low budget version of Redmi 9.
- Display – The screen of the Xiaomi Redmi 9i is an elaborate 6.53 inch which is the same as the 6.53 inch of the Xiaomi Redmi 9. Judging both devices physically, save the difference of the colors they come with, one may not be able to tell the difference between the two at a glance.
- Storage – The Storage capacity of the Xiaomi Redmi 9i and the Xiaomi Redmi 9 is a 4GB RAM and a 64GB expandable internal storage. Hence, if you were going to make a choice based on storage preference, they come with the same storage value.
- Screen Resolution – The Xiaomi Redmi 9i comes with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels which is a decent resolution for a phone it’s capacity. However, the Redmi 9 gives you the same screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. You may be wondering at this point if the Xiaomi Redmi 9i is just a copy of the Xiaomi Redmi 9.
- Operating System – The Xiaomi Redmi 9i runs on an Android 10 Os, which isn’t the latest android software but it follows behind the latest. This is the same Android Os the Redmi 9 uses. So, if you were thinking you would get a superior phone by getting the Redmi 9i, you must be having doubts by now.
- Battery – This wouldn’t come as a surprise considering the many similarities in the operations of both phones, it would be expected that they would use the same battery capacity. Both the Xiaomi Redmi 9i and 9 are powered by a 5000 mAh Li-Po battery.
- Other similarities – Both phones have an aspect ratio of 20.9 and are 4G enabled. They also have face unlock scanners, accelerometer, and proximity sensor and can accommodate 2 sim cards.
- Processor – The Xiaomi Redmi 9i comes with a “Media Tek Helio G25” processor while the Redmi 9 comes with a “Media Tek Helio G35” processor which is superior to that of the Redmi 9i, even though they are both good processors for gaming.
- Camera – The Xiaomi Redmi 9i has a front camera of 5MP, and a rear camera of 13MP (f/2.2, 1.0 macron) while the Redmi 9 has a front camera of 5MP and 2 rear cameras, 13MP(f/2.2) + 2MP(f/2.4).
- Others – They use different Wi-Fi bands. The Redmi 9i comes in Midnight Black, Sea Blue, and Nature Green while the Redmi 9 comes in Carbon Black, Sporty Orange, and Sky Blue. Also, the Redmi 9i weighs less (194g) than the Redmi 9(196g).