Netflix always offers its users the option to reduce their account to a cheaper plan or even cancel it completely. When you finally cancel your account, you will still be able to watch instant streaming until they start the new billing cycle. This article is going to provide a guideline on how one can cancel a Netflix account online.
Cancel A Netflix Account Online – Step by Step
- The first step you will need to take is to sign in to your account with your email and password on the Netflix website.
- If you wish, you can also make use of the login with Facebook account option. That is if you previously linked your Netflix account to your Facebook account.
- After that, you then search for your account button on the top at the right side of your phone screen, beside your name, and tap on it.
- Go through your account details. You might find the details on the top of your screen along with 2 boxes for DVD and Streaming plans below it.
- The next thing is to search for the cancellation options. You will choose if you want to limit your plan or to just cancel the account entirely.
SEE ALSO >>> How To Fix YouTube Video Keeps Pausing on Android
- Now to limit your DVD plan to a cheaper one, just tap on the Change Plan link to downgrade the number of discs or type you receive every month.
- Then to terminate the DVD plan, go to your account page and tap on “Cancel DVD plan”. Then confirm your action.
- After that, go back to your account page and tap on cancel streaming plan in order to cancel your Netflix account completely.
- Then the next step is Netflix follow up. You will have to send back the remaining DVDs to Netflix with the date identified on the termination page. They normally give 7 days for one to return the remaining movies after the termination of the account. If you fail to return them within those 7 days, you will be charged an additional fee.
- Search for the cancellation email sent to the email address associated with your Netflix account. You need to have it in mind that you will not be refunded if there should be any additional days left in the billing cycle.
With that, you have canceled your Netflix account. You can still login to netflix.com within 1 year of your account closure to restart and stream again.