Undoubtedly the UK and US still have special relationships Former British President Winston Churchill first addressed the gathering in 1946. Many Americans have flocked to the UK to learn about their ancestral lands and the history and beauty of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Click the link below to apply:
If you are considering moving to the UK for work, it is important to understand how the UK work permit system works. In this article, we will explain how US citizens can apply for a UK work visa, requirements, qualifications and related costs and hours.
Can a US Citizen Apply for a UK Work Visa?
Yes. In Level 2, there are several sub-categories, namely:
- Visa General Tier 2: provides skilled workers to work in the UK
- Visa Tier 2 Intra-Company Transfer: ICT is intended for employees of international companies based in the United Kingdom.
- Visa game level 2
Most UK work visa applicants use the Tier 2 general method. To qualify for a Tier 2 general visa to work in the UK as a US citizen, you must meet the following criteria:
- have good support for your work
- prove that you are being paid as well as the real reward for your work
- show English (as a US citizen, you should not take an English language test)
- Have your own finances so you can earn a living when you arrive in the UK
- shows that you have been able to travel with your travel history over the past five years
- Take a crime record from any city that has lived 12 months or more in the last ten years if you are working with vulnerable people.
How do I get a UK Employer Certificate?
One of the most important requirements for obtaining a UK Tier 2 general work visa is obtaining a Certificate of Conduct (Cos). It should be noted that CoS can only provide employers with a valid license, which currently has over 30,000.
If you are looking for a license sponsor, there are a number of rules you must follow before you can become an employee. sponsor. You will first be paid a reasonable fee for the offer (usually £ 30,000; however, this rate varies depending on the type of service). Media work must be good and you must have the necessary qualifications and skills. Your employer can also pass the Resident Labor Market Test (RLMT) to prove that no qualified person in the UK can do the job. However, this is not necessary if the service you are looking for is in the Solution List (SOL). This list has special functions such as:
- Biological scientists and biochemists
- civil engineers
- IT Professionals
- Artists in
- Graphic designers
The advantage of applying for a SOL service is that the total is reduce to 30 days (the period when a newspaper will be published in the UK before it is open to a non-EER employee). Once the approved worker has given you the notice, they will give you a CoS reference number, which you will want to provide in the form of a Visa Tier 2 General Work application.
How can a US Citizen Apply for a British Job?
You can apply for a Tier 2 General Work Visa for the first three months before the date of commencement of employment in the UK (the date will appear on your CoS). The Tier 2 general service visa application is online. If you have already submitted your application online, you will also want to make an appointment at your local Visa Application UK (VAC) office. During the meeting, you examine your fingers and signatures and take a picture. Then upload it to other documents you want to copy.
You will also need to pay fast GBP 610 (for a maximum three year visa) or GBP 464 if you are working on SOL. The fee will increase to GBP 1,220 plus GBP 928 if you apply for more than three years. In addition, there is a maintenance support of GBP 400 per year plus GBP 19.20 for customizing your biometrics. A second general service visa can be issued for 5 years and 14 days. Your visa allows you to:
- Working for your sponsor in the job described in your sponsor letter
- in some cases work a second
- volunteer work
- Study, as long as it does not hinder your work
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- bring your family from the US and UK
Tier 2 work visa processing time is short, but you should expect to receive your decision within three weeks of your US application date.