Facebook Marketplace – You have found yourself buying and selling products online but pause for a second, have you tried out Facebook Marketplace?
As a business person, you are very interested in taking your business awareness to the next level. In this article, you are going to have detailed and accurate insight into the Facebook Marketplace and how it functions. Now, let’s get started.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
Facebook Marketplace is a section on the Facebook platform specifically created for buying and selling of products. It is unique in use because unlike most online platforms, Marketplace is open for Facebook users to do both buying and selling.
The Facebook Marketplace as a service was created for more effective merchandising and has been of great help to Facebook users who provide goods and services.
Being mindful of effectively connecting users, the Facebook Marketplace was developed in such a way that it connects people who are in the same geographical location. For instance, if you reside in New Orleans, you will be connected with individuals who reside in New Orleans too and this makes it far easier for buyers and sellers to locate one another as they transact.
Facebook Marketplace App
Facebook Marketplace isn’t a stand-alone app. Meaning it doesn’t function separately from the normal Facebook app or Facebook website. You must have a Facebook account before you can be allowed to access it. So, don’t bother thinking about downloading the app as you do for other online stores.
Mind you, individuals who are new to Facebook or have new Facebook accounts can’t access Marketplace Facebook. They will need to wait for some time before they are being approved.
Advantages of Facebook Marketplace
- It is free – No payment is required before you can access it
- It has a user-friendly interface anyone can access
- It functions as a much easier means to reach customers who actually need your products
- You have access to even more customers since Facebook has a lot of users
- Getting individuals in your geographical area as your customers is easy
Facebook Marketplace Categories
Once you access the Marketplace, you will observe that items are being categorized. The essence of this is to make it really easy for buyers to locate specific products since they must fall under a category. Below is a list of these categories:
- Home and Garden
- Clothing and Accessories
Not all products are allowed for sale on this platform. Facebook has policies that guide the use of the service. Users aren’t allowed to sell certain harmful items. Some of which include:
How to Buy on Facebook Marketplace
- Access the Facebook Marketplace using the app or web version
- Select the item or product you want to purchase
- Click MESSAGE
- Send a message across to the seller concerning your interest in the product
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
- Access the Facebook Marketplace using the app or wen version
- Click Sell Something
- Upload the image of what you want to sell and a detailed description about it
- Click POST
You are allowed to select your catchment and people within this catchment will be the ones who can see your products.
How to Find Facebook Marketplace on Desktop
- Sign in your Facebook account
- For desktop, you will see the Marketplace icon in the form of a red and white storefront in the left margin of your homepage
How to Find Facebook Marketplace on Facebook App
- Open your Facebook app
- Click on the Marketplace icon in the form of a white storefront. It is at the top for Android and at the button for iOS
You can sell your products to people who are far away but every order must be completed in 7 days and requires shipping to be done in 3 days.