The Huawei Mate 40 Pro was officially released on October 22, 2020. The device is powered by the Kirin 9000 5G Octa-core processor and the GPU is Mali-G78 MP24. The Smartphone comes with a 6.76inch OLED screen with 1344 x 2772 pixels resolution. The dimension of the device is 162.9 x 75.5 x 9.1mm and weighs 212g. The phone is built with a glass front, glass back, and aluminum frame.
The Smartphone has four camera lenses at the back which are placed inside a black circle. The rear camera consists of a 50MP (wide) omnidirectional, 12MP (periscope telephoto) optical zoom, 20MP (ultrawide). The front camera has a 13MP (wide) and TOF 3D (biometrics sensor) camera. The Mate 40 Pro has an IP68 rating for dust and water resistance.
The phone runs on Android 10.0 + EMUI 11 operating system. It has a Non-renewable Li-Po 4400mAh battery, Fast charging 66W, Fast wireless charging 50W, and Reverse wireless charging 5W. Its battery has an Endurance rating of 97hours.
The Huawei Mate 40 Pro comes in colors which are Mystic Silver, White, Black, Green, and Yellow. The Smartphone consists of sensors such as Face ID, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass, and color spectrum.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Specs:
- Body: 162.9 x 75.5 x 9.1mm, 212g; Glass front, aluminum frame; IP68 dust and water-resistant; Colors: Black, White, Mystic Silver with matte glass back, Yellow and Green with vegan leather backs.
- Display: 6.76inch OLED, 90Hz, HDR10, 1344 X 2772px resolution, 18.6:9 aspect ratio, 460ppi.
- Chipset: Kirin 9000 (5nm): Octa-core CPU (1 x 3.13 GHz Cortex-A77 & 3 x 2.54 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G78 GPU.
- Memory: It comes in one storage capacity which is 256GB 8GB RAM; NM (Nano Memory), up to 256GB.
- OS/Software: Android 10, EMUI 11, no Google Play Services.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50MP, f/1.9, 23mm, 1/1.28, 1.22um, omnidirectional PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 20MP, f/1.8, 18mm, PDAF; Telephoto: 12MP, f/3.4, 125mm periscope lens, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom. Leica optics, LED flash.
- Front camera: Ultra wide angle: 13MP, f/2.4, 18mm; Depth: IR TOF 3D; HDR.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@7680fps, 1080p@960fps, HDR; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps.
- Battery: 4400mAh; Fast charging 66W, Fast wireless charging 50W, Fast reverse wireless charging.
- Misc: Stereo speakers, infrared face recognition, fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; NFC.
Huawei Mate 40 Pro Unboxing
The Huawei Mate 40 Pro comes in a black cardboard box with gold lettering and a red Leica dot on the front. The box contains a powerful 66W adapter with a cable, a silicone protective case. It also contains a pair of earbuds and a USB-C connector.