Nowadays, most of the major wireless service providers Verizon included, are now allowing their users to be able to unlock their mobile phones in order to use on other wireless networks. At this moment, Verizon does not lock most of its 4G LTE and 3G devices to its network anymore. The phones that are being locked to Verizon’s network are phones that are not iPhone 3G World Devices and Prepaid Phone-in-the-Box devices, which one can unlock with very few exceptions.
How You Can Unlock A Verizon Phone
- The first one is by unlocking non-iPhone global-ready 3G devices. You will have to insert the Sim card from another wireless device to your own Verizon global-ready 3G device. Then consult the user guide of your device in order to access the programming menu of your device. Every Verizon global-ready 3G comes with unique instructions for accessing the programming menu of its own.
SEE ALSO >>> Cute Facebook Names For Girl
What You Need To Know:
- In case the user guide for your Verizon device cannot issue instructions for accessing the programming menu, then you will need to contact Verizon Wireless directly by dialing *611 with your Verizon device, or you dial 1-800-922-0204 with another device.
Type in “000000” or “123456” at the prompt.
One of the universal codes mentioned above will be able to unlock your Verizon Global Ready 3G device. After you have unlocked your device, you can then be able to make use of your device on any other compatible wireless network.
- In order to make use of Verizon’s Global Ready SIM card on another network, you will have to call Verizon Wireless by making use of the contact information given in step 2 to request a SIM unlock. You will be required by Verizon to speak to live customer service in order to have your SIM card unlocked.
- The second step is by unlocking the prepaid phone in the box devices. You will need to wait for 12months after you have activated your Verizon prepaid phone in the box device. These said devices are being locked to the Verizon network automatically for 12 months after it has been activated.
- Then contact the Verizon wireless in order to get the code in which you will use to unlock your device after 12months of activating your device. Then dial *611 with your Verizon wireless prepaid device or you call 1-888- 294-6804 with another device to speak to customer service.
After that, use the unlock code and instructions given by the customer service to unlock your device.
RECOMMENDED >>> How To Delete Reddit Account Permanently