How To Prevent Apps From Using Mobile Data On Android – Are you aware that some apps suck your data even when you don’t use them? Not to worry, Android has a way to stop any app from using data without your permission. Here are various methods on how to restrict data usage on Android.
Android In Built Option To Retract Background Data
- Head over to your phone Settings.
- Click on Data Usage
- You’ll see the amount of data you’ve used at the top of that menu.
- Select App data usage to see how much data each app has used recently.
- Tap the app that uses the most data.
- Switch off Background data to turn off cellular data.
Set A Data Warning And Usage Limit
It’s good to set a data limit as well so you can get notified after spending much data. To activate this:
- In your phone’s settings menu, tap Network & Internet.
- Go to Data usage > Data warning and limit.
- Toggle on Set data limit.
- Go to Data limit. Select either GB or MB from the dropdown. Then set a value for your data usage limit.
- Toggle on Set data warning as well.
- Tap Data warning.
- Enter the data warning value.
When you set a data limit, it automatically turns off your mobile data when your data usage reaches the value you specified.
The Third-Party Option On Android
Their are many third party options but one of the best so far is NetGuard. NetGuard is a firewall app that not only prevents apps from using cellular data but can also stop them from connecting over Wi-Fi.
It doesn’t just save your data, these features reduce bandwidth, saves battery life, and can help you prevent app notifications, pop-ups, and ads.
ALSO READ>>>>How To Make Use Of Facebook WhatsApp Avatar