YouTube is known as the second largest search engine in the whole world, it’s following Google. Without any doubt, people enjoy streaming videos on YouTube.
At first, it is surprising but when you take a look at the sheer number of videos that are being uploaded every single day, from fast-paced gaming content to calming ASMR videos, you will then realize the amount of traffic that is always going that way.
The unfortunate thing is that YouTube recommendations are not always the best. Because channels you don’t even like can sometimes filter into your search results, but the good thing is that you can block those YouTube channels you don’t like seeing pretty easily.
So, we are going to take a look at how you can block channels on YouTube.
How to Block a YouTube Channel from Commenting on Your Videos
If you are a YouTube user with an audience, then you must have probably encountered the scourge of YouTube trolls. Giving bad comments on your videos can be an issue, but you can be able to block other YouTube channels and accounts that drop comments on your videos.
They can still be able to watch your videos, but will no longer be able to leave their negative comments on your videos.
SEE ALSO >>> How To Update Android Version Manually
Blocking a YouTube channel in Your Web Browser
In order to block the YouTube user in your web browser;
- use the search bar to search for the user you wish to block, or you tap on their profile image if you can see them anywhere else on the site. And it will direct you to their channel homepage.
- You have to be sure you selected the About tab, and then you tap on the flag icon to start with the process.
- Tap on block user from the popup menu.
- You will see a warning message letting you know that blocking that user will stop them from commenting on any video you upload. Then if you still want to continue, you tap on Submit to confirm your decision.
After doing this, the user will now be blocked from leaving a comment on your videos. If you now wish to unblock them any day, you will just repeat the process and but you will click on Unblock user instead.
Blocking a YouTube channel on Mobile Devices
In case you are making use of an Android, iPhone, or iPad device, you can be able to block users through the YouTube app.
- To do that, search for the channel on the search bar and then tap on their profile. On the top at the right-hand side of your phone screen, click on the three dots menu icon.
- Then you click on the Block user option in order to block that user from your channel.
After you have done that, the channel will now be blocked from commenting on your videos. You can also repeat these steps to unblock the user anytime you wish to.
RECOMMENDED >>> How To Use Walmart Pay On Android