If you’re the proud owner of a Facebook login account and ever forget your password, don’t panic! It’s pretty easy to fix this problem, as long as you know the steps that need to be taken. Luckily, this article will walk you through all of them, so if you want to be able to log in to your Facebook account and start sharing all over again, just follow along below!
How Can I Find My Facebook Login Email Address?
If you’re having trouble finding your login email address, you’re not alone. There are several steps you can take. First, check any emails you received after signing up for Facebook. If those don’t help, go ahead and reset your password by following these simple steps:
- Visit Facebook in a web browser (desktop or mobile)
- Click forgot account? (You may have to enter a code that was sent to your mobile phone number.)
- Enter an email address or phone number where Facebook can contact you and click next step. 4. Enter a new password and submit
- You should then receive an email from Facebook with your new temporary password
- Enter your new password when you’re prompted and click next step
- On the next page, confirm or enter a security question and answer
- If you don’t have an alternative email address, Facebook will send a verification code via text message or phone call
- Enter that code on Facebook and then click verify
- You should now be able to access your account with your updated information!
What If I Have Forgotten My Facebook Login Password?
If you have forgotten your Facebook password, there are two ways to reset it. The first is through Facebook itself. To do so,
- Login into Facebook and click on your profile icon in the upper right corner and choose Account Settings.
- On the account settings page choose the option Privacy Settings from the left sidebar and then click on Upload a scanned image of your ID.
- Upload an image of your photo identification such as your driver’s license or passport. After uploading the image fill out all form fields with the required information.
This will confirm that you are who you say you are and reset all account passwords at once.
How Do I Log Into Another Device?
Facebook allows you to log in on multiple devices, so it’s easy to get access on your mobile phone while you’re out and about. But what happens if you lose access and need a new password or account key? Don’t panic: You don’t have to create a new Facebook account.
With some information about your account, you can reset your password from another device—and then gain access on your mobile device too. Here’s how it works.
You’ll first need to know your current password or your account key. To find out what these are, 1. Log in to your Facebook account on a computer and visit account settings
- Then choose Security and click View Your Account Key in the sidebar. This will show you both items. If that’s not an option, log in with a friend’s account on your mobile device and then visit your settings page from their profile
- After retrieving your password or account key, go back to your mobile device and open Facebook settings
- Next, click Update Your Security Info near the bottom of the menu
This takes you through another two-step process where you enter a new password and confirm it—following prompts displayed onscreen—to reset it
- Now open Facebook again and log in with your new credentials
- Next, click into Account Settings > General > App Passwords
- Click Manage My App Passwords at top of the screen
- Enter your account password in both fields, then click Confirm
- Next, you’ll see a list of all third-party apps that have access to your Facebook account and can post content on your behalf
- Click Revoke Access next to any app you want to be removed from your profile page and follow onscreen prompts to confirm that you want to revoke access completely for each app (you will not be able to uninstall these apps from your phone)
Recovering Your Facebook Account From Another Device
Even if you log out of your Facebook account or turn off your computer, anyone with access to your login information can still access and post on your profile. If you’re concerned about keeping strangers from posting on your page while you’re not around, follow these steps to secure all devices that have been logged into Facebook recently:
- Click on Account Settings in your drop-down menu.
- Click Account Security from the drop-down menu under General Account Settings.
- Click Manage Applications and Websites from Login Approvals on the left side of the screen
- Under Access Requests, click View All.
- Under Actions, click View and Edit Requests. This will take you to a list of every application or website that has requested access to your Facebook account.
- If you’re no longer using an application, go ahead and delete it from your Facebook page by clicking on X next to any outdated applications or websites under Actions on its card.
- If you have reason to believe that someone may have access to your account even when you are not actively logged in—for example, if your computer has been lost or stolen—click Remove All next to Access Requests on its card so it can be removed from Facebook altogether.
If you have forgotten your password for your Facebook account, you can follow these steps to reset it. Open Facebook and click on Help in the top right-hand corner of your screen. Select Forgot Your Password? from the dropdown menu that appears. Enter your email address and then click Submit.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: Chase Online – How to Access My Account