Every once in a while, most people tend to have issues with accounts they sign up for, and this could largely be attributed to the fact that people tend to forget the password to the Email address they used in signing up for the account. While some may wish to retrieve the password, others prefer to opt for Email password reset, so as to prevent the same thing from happening again in the nearest future.
There are many recognized Email service providers available today into the Internet, notable ones among them include the likes of Gmail, Yahoo mail, AOL, Outlook, iCloud mail, Zoho mail and Yandex mail to mention a. The steps involved in resetting these email service providers are almost the same but we shall be discussing a few which are mostly used based on users’ choice.
Gmail Password Reset
Gmail is by far, the most used email service provider today. Owned by Google, it’s almost impossible to own an android device without having a Gmail account. Now, if for some reasons, you wish to reset your Gmail password, below are the steps to guide you through:
- Google will ask you some questions to verify that the account is yours. An email should be sent to you, and if you don’t get an email, try checking your spam or bulk folders.
- Now, try using a password that you haven’t already used with this account.
Yahoo Mail Password Reset
Yahoo Mail has been around for a long time and still remains one of the most used email service providers. If you find yourself in a position where you need to reset your password, go through the following steps and you should be done in a matter of minutes:
- Log on to https://login.yahoo.com/account/challenge/username to get started with resting your password.
- Select one of the account recovery options listed.
- Select continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions given in the sign-in page helper.
These are the steps involved in resetting your Yahoo mail password.
Outlook Password Reset
Outlook is an email service provider owned by Microsoft and is also regarded as one of the powerhouse email service providers. Your Outlook account is also the same as your Microsoft account, without this account, it would be able to use a Microsoft service. That being said, if you want to reset your Outlook password, just use the following steps below:
- On any preferred web browser on your smartphone or device, log on to https://account.live.com/password/reset.
- Enter your Outlook email address, phone number or Skype name and then select next.
- Now, all that is left is to follow the onscreen instructions on the page to guide you through the process of resetting your password.
These three are the most used email service providers, based on users’ preferences, regardless the kind of email service provider you use, the steps are pretty the same and the steps involved in changing or resetting your password is always found in the “forgot password “of the login page.