EB2 Green Card – How To Apply For The EB-2 Green Card

EB2 Green Card – The EB2 green card is the document with which foreign nationals are recognized for their efforts in creating a foreign national in the US. It is an option to apply for someone who has been employed abroad. If you have a green card and have not applied, then you should apply now.

How Successful Businesses Can Apply for an EB2 Green Card

Businesses can apply for an EB2 green card if they have a successful track record in their field. The EB2 green card is a prestigious visa that allows businesses to stay in the United States and continue their business operations.

To qualify for the EB2 green card, businesses must prove that they have a strong track record in their field. They must also show that they are able to create jobs in the United States.

There are a few steps that businesses must take to apply for the EB2 green card. First, they must gather all of the necessary documentation. This documentation includes evidence of the business’s success, such as financial statements and business cards.

Next, businesses must submit an application to the Department of Homeland Security. The application process can be difficult and time-consuming, but it is worth it if businesses want to stay in the United States and continue their business operations.

SEE: Online Earning Sites: 8 of the Best Online Earning Sites for 2022

Requirements to Apply For an EB2 Green Card

Requirements to Apply for an EB2 Green Card

There are a few requirements that you need to meet in order to apply for an EB2 Green Card. The most important requirement is that you have a valid visa or permanent residency.

You also need to have a good job offer and enough money to support yourself while living in the US. You can check your eligibility for an EB2 Green Card by visiting the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website.

If you are eligible, you will need to file an application with USCIS. You will need to provide evidence of your qualifications and your job offer. You will also need to pay the required fees.

Once you have filed your application, USCIS will send you a notification letter. If you are approved, you will be sent a visa appointment notice. You will then need to attend your visa interview at the US Embassy or Consulate in your home country.

Things You Should Know about the Application Process for the EB2 Green Card

The EB-2 Green Card is an important step in obtaining a US residency. If you are eligible, you will need to apply and be approved by the US government. Here are some things that you should know about the application process:

  1. The first step in applying for the EB-2 Green Card is to submit an application form. The application form can be found on the USCIS website or you can contact a immigration lawyer to help you fill out the form.
  2. You will need to provide evidence of your eligibility for the EB-2 Green Card. This evidence can include your green card letter, your visa stamp, and any other documents that show that you are eligible for the EB-2 Green Card.
  3. You will also need to provide proof of your financial stability. This proof can include bank statements, income tax returns, and other documents that demonstrate your financial stability.
  4. You will need to provide evidence of your education and experience. This evidence can include transcripts from your academic institutions, letters of recommendation, and other documents that show your qualifications for the EB-2 Green Card.
  5. You will need to provide proof of your employment history. This proof can includes letters from your employers, pay stubs, and other documents that show your employment history.
  6. You will need to provide documentary evidence of your hardship. This evidence can include letters from a relative or friend who can attest to the hardships you encountered while having to leave your home country, letters from social workers attesting to the hardships you endured while staying in your home country, and other similar documents that show that you could not have adjusted your status without going through the process of EB-2 Green Card.
  7. Finally, you will need to provide proof of funds for travel expenses during the application process. This money can take any form: cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, savings accounts, or any other form of financial stability that you would like to provide.
  8. The next petition that you will submit during the process of obtaining a Green Card is the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (“I-751”). The I-751 is a petition filed with a United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (“USCIS”) office to remove conditions from your immigration status. Conditions can be removed from your immigration status if one of the following criteria has been met:

1) Marriage – If you are married, then your marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse should have occurred prior to filing for adjustment of status5;
2) Employment – If you have obtained employment in the United States, then your employment should have commenced prior to filing for adjustment of status; or
3) Continuous Physical Presence – If you have been present in the United States continuously for at least the 2 years preceding your I-751, then you should be able to demonstrate that your life and physical presence in the United States has not been interrupted.

Obtaining a Green Card Through an I-601 Petition

The I-601 petition may be filed by anyone, including resident aliens without any immigration status who are seeking to obtain lawful permanent resident status as spouses/family members of U.S. citizen/nationals, or through employment.7 The petitioner must initiate an I-601 petition with USCIS before they can file their green card application (for those who will be employed at a U.S. business) with the USCIS-selected immigrant visa application processing center (ICS). The I-601 petition is filed at the same time as the I-130 petition is filed, but after it has been approved. The petitioner must show that they have met all of the eligibility requirements for a green card (e.g., having established residency in the United States and a demonstrated ability to support themselves financially). The petitioner must provide evidence of the marriage and sufficient financial resources to support themselves and their proposed spouse/family member during marriage and thereafter, if married within three years of filing the petition. This can be done through documentary evidence such as tax returns, bank statements, etc., or by showing lawful employment income in substantially equal amounts each year.

There are many other requirements contained within the law, but this should be sufficient to evaluate your eligibility. If you believe that you meet these requirements and want to apply for a green card, then contact us at 606-847-5043 or by email at [email protected] to schedule an appointment with one of our immigration attorneys.

What You Should Prepare Ahead of Time

If you’re planning on applying for the EB-Green Card, there are a few things you should prepare ahead of time. Here are a few tips to help you get started:

First, make sure you have all of the paperwork you need. This includes your passport, visa application, and any other required documents. You’ll also need to have your EB-1 visa application fee paid in full.

Next, make sure you have all of your immigration documents in order. This includes your passport and any other visas you may have. Make sure to keep copies of all of your documents in a safe place so that you can easily access them if needed.

Finally, be prepared to answer some questions about your immigration status and why you want to apply for the EB-Green Card. The USCIS will ask you questions about your education, work experience, and other factors. Be prepared to answer these questions honestly and accurately.

SEE: EB2 Green Card Process – Employment Based Immigration

Moving Forward with the Application Process for the EB2 Green Card

If you are interested in applying for the EB-2 green card, there are a few things that you will need to do first. Here is a guide on how to apply for the EB-2 green card:

  1. gather all of the necessary documents

The first step is to gather all of the necessary documentation. This includes your passport, visa application form, supporting documentation (if applicable), and fees.

  1. create a portfolio or resume

After you have gathered all of your documentation, it is important to create a portfolio or resume. This will help to demonstrate your skills and experience, and it will also help you to improve your chances of being granted the EB-2 green card.

  1. submit your application

Once you have created your portfolio or resume, it is time to submit your application. You can do this by submitting your paperwork online or by mailing it in (depending on the program). Make sure to include all of your documentation with your application.

Second Step in the Process – Adjustment of Status

If you have an approved I-140, you can file for an adjustment of status with USCIS. Here’s how it works. First, make sure your priority date is current or within six months of being current (there are rare cases when a foreign national will be required to wait more than six months). Then, complete Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status) and submit evidence of your relationship with a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse or parent along with Form G-325A (Biographic Information). You’ll also need to pay a filing fee.

Approval – We Made It!

If you get approved, great news! The USCIS will send you a letter congratulating you on your new status as a permanent resident. It’s also important that you keep in mind what comes next. You must arrive in the United States within six months of your approval date, or else you could lose your residence permit. In addition, if you apply for the U.S.

How to Apply for an EB2 Green Card in 2022 – Jobs Offer & Degree

The US government currently makes 140,000 green cards available each year to highly skilled workers. The law specifies that 40,000 of these are reserved for applicants from countries with low rates of immigration to the US, known as priority workers (EB2). An additional 5,000 visas are reserved for applicants with advanced degrees or exceptional abilities in science, business, or the arts (EB1). If you fall into this category, and have been offered a job by an employer willing to sponsor your visa application, then applying for an EB2 green card may be one option worth considering.

General Requirements

The EB-2 classification is only open to professionals holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability. To qualify as a professional, you must hold a U.S. master’s degree or higher (or its foreign equivalent). Exceptional ability requires that you have achieved a level of expertise indicating that you are one of that small percentage who has risen to the top of your field of endeavor. You must demonstrate your qualifications with evidence including: (1) a state license/certification if required; (2) proof that your occupation requires at least two years of training and experience; (3) copies of writings about your work showing attainment and recognition; and (4) awards received for outstanding achievement relating to your field.

SEE: Get Money Online: 7 Ways to Make Money Online

Job Offer

Before you apply, you need a job offer. It doesn’t matter if you’re a recent grad or an experienced worker—if you want to immigrate on an employment-based visa, your job must already be waiting for you. There are only two ways around it: If you’re actively petitioning (working on getting sponsorship from a US employer), or if your employer has gotten special approval from USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) called Advanced Parole. The Department of Labor offers useful resources that can help with your search, but here are some tips

Highest Degree

If you have a bachelor’s degree, your job offer must be at least a professionally qualified job. A professionally qualified job is one that requires at least a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and which is performed either by U.S. workers or by foreign workers who already have permanent residence status in their own right (and not simply as dependents of workers with such status). Most jobs with BLS occupational codes beginning with 11 are considered to be professionally qualified, but some are not—be sure to check Table 1 of Form I-140 instructions carefully! You can also see my list of most frequently asked questions about Professionally Qualified.

Advanced Degree

To apply as a Skilled Worker (EB-2), you need to have at least a master’s degree. Your degree needs to be either an advanced degree or a first professional degree, which means it needs to be earned after completing study at least 3 years of undergraduate study and prior to obtaining your graduate degree. An advanced degree is one that is above what would ordinarily be required for entry-level work in your field. For example, if you are applying as a chemical engineer with a bachelor’s, but have done research or completed coursework beyond what’s usually expected from undergraduates, you could meet eligibility requirements by showing proof of that additional training. Or if you worked professionally under close supervision before attending grad school, you may qualify based on that experience alone.

Number of Points

You must be at least 21 years old. The USCIS does not accept applications from people under age 21, unless they are married and have children. Be sure to check your local or state marriage laws before applying. You must also be a U.S. citizen (or have been a permanent resident) when you applied, but most cases adjudicated by USCIS take years before they’re complete, so if you plan on becoming a naturalized citizen through legal means, then it might make sense to wait until you’ve done that before applying.


According to USCIS policy, to claim extraordinary ability, a foreign national must be at least age 21 when filing Form I-140. However, given that many people with exceptional abilities are still younger than 22 when they apply for their EB-2 green card, it is possible that U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will accept your application if you qualify.

SEE: Jobs in UK for Foreigners With Visa Sponsorship 2022

Leave a Comment