The program is set up for the purpose of supporting less privileged people and ensuring a sustainable, hunger free world. They aim to contribute greatly, through their actions, to change and positively impact the economy.
The organization is a non-profit network mobilized to eliminate food insecurity. This is done through leadership activities with a major priority of empowering women.
History of Women for Zero Hunger Program
The Women for Zero program was launched in 2016. The program was the first philanthropic initiative on an international platform.
The program was dedicated to the economic development and support of African women entrepreneurs.
The women for zero hunger program tends to stop hunger locally and sustainably for a free world. The program was created 25 years ago by Sodexo employees.
What Does the ‘Women for Zero Hunger Program’ Provide?
- The Women for Zero Hunger program supports others to be more impacting, and more recognized.
- They help other organizations, and even women, benefit from expert advice and gain access to personalized support.
- They also fund three of the associative structures and organizations. This organization will receive £10,000 at the end of the mentoring program.
- They will also choose one of the three finalists. This will be done by the jury member. It will be done on the basis of pre-establishment critical.
- The representative that was chosen will be invited to the ‘Annual Stop Hunger event’. Which will take place in Paris.
They will receive an award and a trophy. They will also benefit from crowd funding during this event.
Achievements of Women for Zero Hunger Program
- Supporting over 100 women-led associations in 20 countries
- Providing over €1 million in financial assistance
- Helping to improve the lives of over 500,000 people
Requirements to Apply for The Women for Zero Hunger Program
- The Women for Zero Hunger Program is only accessible to non-funded organizations. They are also required to have three years of experience.
- The organization must be African. They can be out of Africa, but only if the organization is active in an African country.
- The organization is also required to work with at least one African Anglophone. It could also be in a francophone country.
Qualifications of The Company Looking to Apply
- The company is required to have a number of beneficiaries, supported by the association.
- The quality of the solution: The solution the organization comes up with for the problem facing women and girls must be effective and useful.
- The solution should also meet the requirements, expectations, and goals.
- Scalability of the solution: The solution provided by the organization should also be able to manage new and up-rising challenges.
- The solution should be able to do that without changing or compromising performance, cost, or quality, even when demand changes.
- Their organization solution must majorly support and aid women and girls.
Related: Doc Society Climate Story Fund
How to Sign Up for the ‘Women for Zero Hunger Program’
- The first step required is a mobile device and an internet connection.
- Then visit their official application portal at opportunitiescircle.com.
- This will take you to their portal. Then you will be required to fill out a selection questionnaire.
- Then the short-listed organization will be presented to the international overseeing jury.
- Then you will wait for their response.
The Deadline for the Women for Zero Hunger Program is, end of February 2024