New Zealand Government Visa Sponsorship Jobs for 2023 – The New Zealand government is looking for qualified candidates to fill a number of positions in 2023. The roles will be in a number of fields and locations, and the application process is entirely online.
What is a New Zealand Government Visa Sponsorship?
A New Zealand Government Visa Sponsorship allows an employer to sponsor a foreign worker for a temporary visa to work in New Zealand. The sponsored worker must have the skills and experience required for the position they are applying for, and meet all other eligibility criteria. The employer must also demonstrate that they have made genuine attempts to recruit locally before sponsoring a foreign worker.
How to Apply for a New Zealand Government Visa Sponsorship
There are a few different types of New Zealand Government visa sponsorship jobs, each with its own specific process and requirements. Here is a breakdown of the different types of New Zealand Government visa sponsorship jobs, and how to apply for each one:
- Skilled Migrant Category: This type of visa is for people who have skills and qualifications that are in demand in New Zealand. The application process for this type of visa includes an online points system assessment.
- Work to Residence Visa: This type of visa is for people who have a job offer from a New Zealand employer. The application process for this type of visa includes an online application, as well as a paper application that must be sent to Immigration New Zealand.
- Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Visa: This type of visa is for people who have been offered a job by an accredited employer in New Zealand. The application process for this type of visa includes an online application, as well as a paper application that must be sent to Immigration New Zealand.
Location of New Zealand Government Visa Sponsorship Jobs
According to the New Zealand Government website, there are three main ways to find government visa sponsorship jobs:
- The Job Seeker tool on the Job Search website
- The New Zealand Government Job Opportunities Facebook page
- A variety of other websites that list government job opportunities, such as Trade Me Jobs, Seek, and Indeed
To use the Job Seeker tool, simply enter your desired location, job title, or keyword into the search bar. You can then narrow down your results by filters such as job type, salary range, or sector.
The New Zealand Government Job Opportunities Facebook page is a great way to stay up-to-date on the latest government job openings. Simply Like the page and you will start receiving notifications whenever new jobs are posted.
There are also a number of websites that list government job opportunities, such as Trade Me Jobs, Seek, and Indeed. These websites are updated regularly with new openings so be sure to check back often.
Salary Expectations and Requirements
When it comes to salary expectations and requirements, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. First of all, the minimum wage in New Zealand is $17.70 per hour. This means that if you are looking for a job that pays less than this, you will need to apply for a visa that allows you to work in the country. Secondly, your employer will also need to meet certain criteria in order for you to be eligible for sponsorship. These include having a valid business license, is registered with the New Zealand Government, and having a good reputation. Lastly, you will need to have the relevant qualifications and experience for the role you are applying for.
Qualifications for New Zealand Government Visa Sponsorships
To qualify for New Zealand government visa sponsorship, employers must:
- Be accredited by Immigration New Zealand
- Have a strong commitment to employing New Zealanders
- Be able to demonstrate a need for the skilled worker that cannot be met by the local labor market
- Offer a salary and employment conditions that meet industry standards
If you are an employer who meets these criteria, you may be able to sponsor a skilled worker from overseas on a work visa. This could give your business access to the skills and experience it needs to grow.