This article is to give you all the information you need to delete an Evernote account. If you are finding it difficult to delete your Evernote account or you got confused while you were at it, this article is for you.
Evernote is a cloud-based service that lets its users to craft and archive notes in the form of web pages, photos, notes, audio, and many more. At some point, you might want to delete the account, read through to know how to do so.
How You Can Delete Your Evernote Account
Evernote has two levels of services, which are; the free accounts and the paid Evernote Premium subscriptions. You will need to first cancel the Premium subscriptions before the account will be deactivated and finally deleted completely.
SEE ALSO >>> How to Block Emails on AOL
How to Delete the Evernote Premium
- First, you sign in to your account from the Evernote homepage.
- Then you tap on your account name located on top at the right and then click on “Account Settings.” The default information that you will see next is the “Account Summary.”
- Click on “cancel subscription” from the “Billing Summary” option. Then delete the account.
How to Delete Free Evernote Accounts
- In order to deactivate your Evernote account, you will need to sign in to Evernote website. Then you delete all notes.
- Select as many notes as you can at once by tapping on each note in the list and at the same time holding down the CTRL key on your PC or the CMD (⌘) key on your Mac.
- After you have done that, you tap on the “Delete” button from the frame on the right side of your screen.
- Go to the “Trash” tab on the left side of the page of your screen, then tap on the arrow facing downward and click on the “Empty Trash” tab.
- Go to the top at the right side and tap on your account name and then click on “Account Settings.”
- Then you go down to the bottom of the page on your screen and tap on “Deactivate your Evernote account.”
- When you have done that, tap on the checkbox that says “Yes, I want to deactivate my account” and finally tap on w the “Deactivate account” button.
You need to know that Evernote will not automatically delete your notes when you deactivate your account.
If you want your email address and username to be removed completely from the Evernote system, you will have to contact their customer support. And if you signed in to Evernote with your Facebook or Google, you will first have to disconnect the account before deleting.