Cash App has proven to be very useful when performing transactions; like sending funds to friends and family or purchasing goods and or services. But needs arise that would make you want to deactivate your cash app.
Some certain need may arise that may warrant a cash app user to deactivate his or her cash app, this may be due to certain factors.
These factors may or may not be the fault of the cash app user. Some of the reasons why one would want to deactivate cash app account is outlined below,
- Security Compromise: This may arise from the negligence of the user, not keeping certain passcodes a secret, making transaction pins visible, and allowing random strangers have access to the privacy of the mobile device.
Most people that have access to the mobile device and have knowledge of the various passcodes and pins would wander to the cash app and maybe, perform a transaction without the knowledge of the account owner.
Most times, these persons get away scot free and the owner of the account may not notice until it’s too late or when they want to perform a transaction, they notice it and get angry and tend to want to deactivate their cash app account.
2. App Glitches or Bugs: This is something that is very common with all applications and devices in the technology world, most glitches and bug can be so annoying that you as a user may tend to go mad at the sight of them.
Bugs and glitches that may occur in fintech apps like cash app range from things like, delay in confirmation of payment, app not responding, and barcode scan errors. All these are annoying and some users who experience this would want to deactivate their cash app instantly.
These bugs and glitches are not at all the fault of the user, it may be a fault from the device used or from the app development.
3. Other Reasons: Some other reasons why one may want to deactivate their cash app ranges from a lot of scenarios, the saying, “As our faces are different, so is our problems” applies here in the sense that, many people out of frustration may just want to deactivate their cash app, maybe because theirs no money or just for some other reason.
Other reason depends on a lot of factor peculiar top every user, the reason I may want to deactivate my cash app may be different from the reason you want to deactivate yours.
From the above, you may have seen and identified some of the reasons why people want to deactivate their cash app or why you want to deactivate yours.
Read ahead and find out how to deactivate the app when the need arises.
People Also Read: 5 Simple Ways to Buy Bitcoin – How to Buy Bitcoin for Dummies
Steps on How to Deactivate Cash App
The steps taken to deactivate cash app include,
- Open the Cash App application on your mobile device (Android or iOS) and sign in.
- Once signed in, be sure to withdraw/transfer to your bank any fund you may have in there to avoid loss of funds. Stocks and cryptocurrency in there should be sold too.
- On the app, click on the top right corner that looks like a silhouette of a passport. This leads to your profile.
- Once on your profile page, scroll down and click on “Support”.
- On the drop-down menu presented when you click Support, click on “Something Else”.
- When you click on Something Else, on the drop-down, click on “Account Settings”.
- On the next menu, click on “Close my Cash App Account” and click “Confirm”.
After the above procedure is completed, your Cash App will be deleted and deactivated, you will no longer need to worry about the problems you faced when you were using the Cash App application.
Many needs arise that make you want to deactivate your Cash App, and I’m sure I have been able to give you insight on the reasons and problems you may have faced during your time on the app, and how to deactivate the app to avoid such problems, Best of Luck in your endeavors and Thanks for reading.