The name Pinterest was composed etymologically by pin (thumbtack) and interest (interesting). It is a good platform to file an orderly wish list just like some prestigious online stores would normally do.
Pinterest is also a social media network that allows users to organize information with online pinboards. Using this social media platform, you can share and store images, videos, infographics, and contents that are predominately visual.
How To Create A Personal Pinterest Account
- Go to the Pinterest website.
- Select Sign up. You have the option of signing up with an email address and password or signing up through your Facebook or Google account.
- Enter your email address, create a password, and select Continue.
- Alternatively, select Continue with Facebook and log in to your Facebook account or select Continue with Google and log in to your Google account.
- You’ll receive a Welcome to Pinterest message. Select Next.
- After that, you’ll have to answer the setup questions, select some areas of interest, and click done.
- Check your email for a message from Pinterest asking you to confirm your email address.
How To Create A Pinterest Business Account
- If you have a personal profile, you need to log out of it before you can create a new account.
- To do this from the Pinterest desktop app, click on the three dots on the top right-hand corner of the screen and select ‘Log out’.
- After that, go to Pinterest for Business and click “Join as a Business”.
- Fill out details about your business and the person who will manage the account.
- Finally, read and accept Pinterest’s Terms of Service and click Create Account.
How To Convert A Personal Account To A Business Account on Pinterest
- Making a switch from a personal account to a business account it pretty easy.
- Firstly, log into your profile
- Next, click on the three dots symbol on the top right-hand corner of your screen and select “Upgrade your account”.
- You’ll need to fill out the information about your business and who will be managing your account, once you’ve completed the form, just click “Done”.
Some Advantages of Using Pinterest
- It allows you to disseminate information and share it with your contact through the option of “re-pin”.
- Pinterest can get an increased number of traffic to your blog by positioning a well-optimized image to your page
- Pinterest allows you to pass information through images as a result of the infographics that was published by many of its users on their different boards.