Facebook has always been one of the most well-known applications in the whole world. So many people around the world are making use of Facebook in order to reach out to their family and friends, and also to sell their products. It is even possible that most of your friends have their own Facebook account. In order to be able to connect with them, you will need to sign up for Facebook and have your own account. To sign up for Facebook is a very easy and straightforward endeavor.
How to Sign up For Facebook Through Your Web Browser
Step 1: You will need to create your email address:
- You will need to go to your web browser and then go to an e-mail provider either Yahoo or Gmail and create your own e-mail address.
- You have to take note of the new e-mail address because you will need it in order to sign-up for Facebook.
- But in case you have a valid e-mail address you wish to use, then you don’t need to create another email address.
Step 2: The next step is to go to the Facebook homepage.
Now on the search bar of your web browser, type in Facebook.com, and click the search button. This will direct you to the main page of Facebook.
Step 3: Now you can sign up for Facebook.
When you are being directed to the Facebook main page, you will find different fields under “Create an account.” Now, type in your first name, your last name, then enter your valid e-mail address, you will need to choose a strong password to prevent hackers from hacking your account, enter your birthday, and then choose your gender. When you are done with that, you can then click on “Create an account”.
Things you need to know:
- Most times, Facebook might display to you a different page than what we listed above. It is possible that you might only see the sign up button by the side of the Facebook name, all you need to do is to just click on the sign up button and enter the required information to sign up.
- Do not forget the e-mail address you used for your account as Facebook might be sending you notifications through this e-mail address, that is why you should ensure that you always remember the password to the e-mail.
Step 4: The next step is confirming that you have successfully completed registration.
You will get a confirmation e-mail from Facebook after you have signed up. You will go to the email address you used in creating your account and click on the confirmation message sent to you. Tap on the link they sent for the confirmation.
- As you click on the link, you will be directed to your just created Facebook profile.
Step 5: You will need to Find friends.
Once you have successfully created your Facebook account, type in the e-mail address you used to create your account and tap on “Find Friends”. And Facebook will automatically send friend requests to your contacts through your email.
Step 6: Next is to edit your profile.
You can start editing your profile after that. Choose the High School you are attending or attended, the university you are attending, your current city, employer, and your state. Then click on the “Save” button to save what you edited.
Once you are done with that, you can then upload your profile picture and start chatting, voice calling, or video calling your family and friends.