There are a lot of reasons why one would love to change his or her Facebook username, maybe you are taking on a new spouse’s surname and you want your profile to reflect your new name. Or maybe you have outgrown your childhood name and you want to make a change like Tina- let say and you want to start going by Faustina or pearl instead. Or maybe you just wanted to spice things up to your standard.
Ok, why you want to change your name on Facebook is your personnel business but if you want to change your name, you follow the steps below:
How to Change Your Name on Facebook
Head to Facebook and make sure you are logged in
- Click on the dark downward-facing triangle at the top right of the page.
- On the drop-down menu that appears, click ‘settings’.
- You should now be on the general account settings page.
- In the boxes at the top of the page, type in the new name you wish to use.
- Click review change’.
- In the popup, check the name to make sure you are satisfied then type in your password and click ‘save changes, you now have a new name on Facebook with an otherwise unaffected account.
How to Change Your Name on Facebook Page
Steps on how to change your name on Facebook page;
- From your news feed, click Page on the left menu.
- Go to your page and click page settings in the bottom left
- Click your page name
- Enter a new page name and click outside the page name box
- Check or review your request and click request changed
- Click edit while viewing your page as an admin, click on the about tab in the upper left side of the page, then click edit.
- Type it, once you have click into the account, type in the name box in your page’s new name
- After you are done typing in your new name, click submit and click continue
- That all, your name has been changed
What You Should Know About Changing Your Name on Facebook
Some social media platform allows you to change your name anytime you want to make a change, not so much with Facebook: they only allow for one to make a change in a 60-days period, that means before you will be allowed to make a change on your name after the first attempt would be after 60-days, and if you change your name too often they would extend it to 120-days, unlike other platforms, Facebook wants you to use your real name, like Faustina Kadiri, if you use a fake name you risk being banned from Facebook.
RECOMMENDED >>> Facebook Free Mode Activation | Access FB Free Mode