Have you tried creating your Facebook Avatar and you couldn’t figure out how to go about it? This is because you do not have the right guidance you need to pull through. There are a lot of information out there about Facebook Avatar as a feature but what Facebook users are most interested in is knowing how to create their Facebook Avatars.
This isn’t just an article but a guide to help Facebook users who have the avatar feature in their countries create their own avatars. Before going into the subject matter, let’s have a brief about what Facebook Avatar is.
What is Facebook Avatar?
Facebook Avatars are cartoonish images that can be created to have a striking resemblance to a Facebook user. To the extent, it can be used as a profile picture and people will be able to recognize the avatar’s resemblance with that of the person who has it as he/she profile picture.
These avatars function just like Snapchat’s Bitmoji and Apple’s Memoji. Techcrunch.com calls it Snapchat’s Bitmoji’s competitor. There is no doubt in this statement because of the function of Facebook Avatar. Facebook isn’t willing to allow any service to outshine them as the top social media platform in the world and because of this, they keep rolling out features that compete with new engagement features other services are introducing.
Facebook Avatar is a feature that helps Facebook users express themselves just like they do with stickers and emoji. You can make a comment with it on posts and also use it when chatting on Messenger. Facebook allows users to export their avatars for use on third-party apps like; Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and more.
Countries Where Facebook Avatar Has Been Rolled Out
If you are a Facebook user and you are not in any of the countries which will be mentioned below, am sorry you can’t create your Facebook avatar at the moment. These are the countries:
- The USA
- New Zealand
- India (Most Recent)
Why Facebook Avatar Isn’t Working
For those in the above-mentioned countries, and still can’t get their Facebook avatars created, these are the reasons why:
- Using an old version of the Facebook mobile app
- Trying to access the Facebook avatar creator using the Facebook web version
SEE ALSO >>> How To Make Facebook Posts Shareable
How To Create The Perfect Facebook Avatar – Facebook Avatar Guide
- Open your Facebook mobile app on your smart device.
- Click on the hamburger icon at the top-right corner of your homepage (for Android) and at the button-right corner of your homepage (for iOS).
- Scroll down and then, click on See More.
- Click Avatars.
- At this point, you have to customize your avatar by selecting; hairstyle, face line, face shape, facial hair, clothe, eyebrow shape, eye shape, and more. There are several customizations.
- Select a body shape.
- Once you are done with the customizations, click on the Done icon at the top-right corner.
- Your avatar will then be generated.
- Facebook will give you tips on how to use your Avatar.
- Next, you will be asked to select a pose for your Avatar with the option to share on your newsfeed which you can skip.
How To Use Your Facebook Avatar
To access your avatar for use on Facebook, go to a comment section or a chat window on Messenger, click on the Smiley Face icon, and from the sticker section, choose your avatar.
ALSO RECOMMENDED >>> How To Edit Your Already Created Facebook Avatar – Edit Facebook Avatar