Google Classroom app is made for both Android and iOS that you can be able to download with your tablet or smartphone. With the Google classroom app, you can be able to do most of the things that you do through a Web browser, actually not everything. As a matter of fact, as a teacher, you might find the app somehow limiting. This article will show you somethings you need to know about the app and how to download the app.
How To Download Google Classroom App
- you can download and install the app from either the App Store for iOS or Google Play for Androids. Then, you can launch the app and follow these guidelines:
- At the Welcome page, click on Sign In just at the bottom of your phone screen.
- In case you have already set up a Google account, nonetheless, your normal Google account will not work with Google Classroom. You will need to log in using your Google Apps for Education account. Then, you can click on Add Another Account.
- Click on Existing.
- Enter your Google Apps for Education login details, and then click on the right triangle.
- Click on OK in the Terms of Service box provided.
- Google will ask you if you want to upgrade to Google+. For now, you can click on “Not Now”.
- Then Google will ask you if you want to be getting updated with news and offers from Google. You can check or uncheck the box, depending on your choice, and click on the right triangle.
- Google will then notify you that it successfully signed in to your account. On the screen, you can select the types of data that are synced to your device. It is best that you leave them all checked. Then click on the right triangle.
- You then go back to the list of Google accounts in Step 2. Click on the Google Apps for Education account you have just added.
- Google will show you some introductory slides that show the benefits of the Classroom. You can either through them or you click on Skip.
You are now logged in and have every access to your Google Classroom account.
Things You Can Do with Google Classroom App
After you have downloaded and signed in to the Google classroom app, you can then see your list of classes just like in a Web browser. Here are some of the things you can do:
- You can create or even join a class.
- You can make announcements and also drop comments on assignments.
- You can send e-mails to all your students.
- You can be able to access your class’s Google Drive.
- You can check if your students are done with their assignments or not.
- You can also reset or even disable your class code.
PEOPLE ALSO READ: WhatsApp for Android Free Download – Download WhatsApp