Smartphone technology has advanced rapidly in recent years, offering consumers a wide range of choices with varying features and capabilities. Huawei, a prominent player in the smartphone market, has released the P40 Pro and P40 Lite, two devices that cater to different user needs. In this article, we will compare the Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Lite in terms of design, display, camera, performance, battery life, software, connectivity, and price to help you make an informed decision based on your preferences and requirements.
Huawei P40 Pro vs. P40 Lite
Selecting the right Huawei smartphone can be a head-scratcher, especially within the same series. The P40 lineup throws two compelling options into the mix – the flagship P40 Pro and the budget-friendly P40 Lite. But which one reigns supreme for your needs? Now, let’s see a detailed comparison to discover the true differences between these Huawei heavyweights.
Performance Powerhouse: P40 Pro Soars Ahead
- Processor: The P40 Pro packs a punch with the Kirin 990 5G, a powerhouse chip handling even the most demanding tasks with ease. The P40 Lite, on the other hand, opts for the Kirin 820 5G, still capable but a notch below in raw processing power.
- RAM and Storage: Experience smoother multitasking and app loading with the P40 Pro’s 8GB of RAM compared to the 6GB in the P40 Lite. Storage options also differ, with the Pro offering up to 512GB, while the Lite caps out at 128GB.
|Kirin 990 5G
|Kirin 820 5G
|Up to 512GB
|Up to 128GB
Display Dilemmas: Size and Resolution Matter
- Display Size: Immerse yourself in a larger-than-life viewing experience with the P40 Pro’s 6.58-inch OLED display. The P40 Lite’s 6.4-inch IPS LCD is still decent, but the difference in screen size and technology is noticeable.
- Resolution: Enjoy crisper visuals on the P40 Pro’s 2671 x 1234 (441 ppi) resolution compared to the P40 Lite’s 2310 x 1080 (398 ppi).
|2671 x 1234 (441 ppi)
|2310 x 1080 (398 ppi)
Camera Conundrum: Pro for Perfection, Lite for Lightness
- Main Camera: The P40 Pro elevates your photography game with its Leica Quad Camera system, featuring a stunning 50MP main sensor, 12MP telephoto lens, 40MP ultrawide lens, and a ToF sensor. The P40 Lite simplifies things with a quad camera setup too, but with lower resolutions – 48MP main, 8MP ultrawide, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth sensor.
- Zoom Capabilities: Capture distant details with the P40 Pro’s impressive 5x optical zoom and 50x digital zoom. The P40 Lite offers a more modest 2x optical zoom and 10x digital zoom.
|Leica Quad Camera (50MP, 12MP, 40MP, ToF)
|Quad Camera (48MP, 8MP, 2MP, 2MP)
|5x optical, 50x digital
|2x optical, 10x digital
Battery Battle: Endurance Matters
- Battery Capacity: Both phones boast respectable 4200mAh batteries, but the P40 Pro’s optimizations and more efficient processor could translate to longer battery life in real-world scenarios.
- Wireless Charging: The P40 Pro flaunts wireless charging capabilities, a feature absent in the P40 Lite.
- Water Resistance: Both phones offer IP68 water resistance, so accidental spills or rain are no sweat.
Which One Should You Choose?
Choosing between the P40 Pro and P40 Lite boils down to your priorities and budget. For those seeking the ultimate in performance, camera prowess, and display quality, the P40 Pro is the undisputed champion. However, if you prioritize affordability and appreciate a good camera without the bells and whistles, the P40 Lite won’t disappoint.
Ultimately, the best Huawei P40 for you depends on your unique needs and budget.
Huawei P40 Pro vs. P40 Lite Acquisition in 2023
The graph below gives you a clear idea on the value please place on Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Lite.
This is a clear evidence that people Huawei P40 Pro in the year 2023
Prices of Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Lite
Huawei P40 Pro:
- Starting at: $565 USD (for the 256GB version)
- Price range: $565 – $750 USD depending on storage capacity and retailer
Huawei P40 Lite:
- Starting at: $250 USD (for the 64GB version)
- Price range: $250 – $350 USD depending on storage capacity and retailer
It’s important to note that these are estimated prices and may vary depending on your location, retailer, and any ongoing promotions or deals. I recommend checking online retailers or local electronics stores for the most accurate and up-to-date pricing information.
Huawei P40 Pro and P40 Lite cater to different segments of the market, offering varying levels of performance and features at different price points. If you prioritize a premium design, superior camera performance, and flagship-level specifications, the P40 Pro is the clear choice. However, if you’re looking for a more affordable option with decent performance and camera capabilities, the P40 Lite is worth considering. Ultimately, your choice will depend on your budget and specific requirements.
Can the Huawei P40 Pro run Google apps?
No, due to the absence of Google Mobile Services, the Huawei P40 Pro does not come pre-installed with Google apps. However, users can access some popular apps through Huawei’s AppGallery or sideload them using alternative methods.
Does the Huawei P40 Lite support 5G?
Yes, the Huawei P40 Lite supports 5G connectivity, allowing for faster data speeds where available.
What are the storage options for the Huawei P40 Pro?
The Huawei P40 Pro is available in two storage options: 128GB and 256GB. Both variants come with 8GB of RAM.
Is the Huawei P40 Pro water-resistant?
Yes, the Huawei P40 Pro is IP68 certified, making it dust and water-resistant up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
Does the Huawei P40 Lite have wireless charging?
No, the Huawei P40 Lite does not support wireless charging. It relies on fast charging via its USB Type-C port.