Snapchat is a photo-messaging app where users can set a time limit on pictures, text or videos for the public to see for only a few seconds. Users have to pay to purchase the full videos through in-app transactions. Users of Snapchat can Link their Snapchat account to their Facebook account and add Mutual friends through Facebook, or instead, they could use a completely different username.
Snapshots are taken using the in-app camera. Videos are also accepted through this means, and the user can set a time limit. However, the user must continuously tap the Snapchat interface’s screen to take a video. Users of Snapchat can also create groups of friends with a Maximum of 16 people.
Snapchat’s users can make calls on these groups and trade snaps with friends within 24 hours. In addition, users seeking to explore can continuously tap on the discover area with different content sections for viewers’ pleasure. For example, if a user’s snap is chosen, it will be included in the contents available in the learn section.
The Snapchat username is set when a person first creates an account. However, for security reasons, Snapchat doesn’t allow its users to change their Username, but it will enable users to change their display name, which is how a person appears on Snapchat. This article teaches how to change Snapchat’s Username and display name.
How to Change Snapchat Display Name
Users of Snapchat who want to appear different to their viewers can always change their display name. Below are the steps to change the Snapchat display name
- Open the Snapchat app and tap the profile icon in the left corner of the app.
- Go to settings by tapping the gear option in the right corner.
- Select the Name option.
- Select the Display name and input your desired New Display Name
- Select Save
Moreover, some few updates have allowed Snapchat users to change their usernames, although these updates are limited to Australian citizens only.
Steps of Changing Your Snapchat Username in Australia
- Open the Snapchat app and select your profile icon.
- Select the Setting options at the top right corner.
- Select the Username option and input your new Username.
- Select ‘OK’ to save.
NOTE: The Snapchat username can only be changed once a year.
How To Change Snapchat Username for People not Living in Australia
People staying in other parts of the world might not be able to change their Snapchat username following the steps given earlier as they do not have the necessary update. However, below are the steps to follow if you want to change your Username and not in Australia.
- Download any suitable VPN and select your country as Australia.
- Go to App Store or Play Store to update the app.
- Open your Snapchat and select your profile.
- Select ‘Setting’ options on the top right corner
- Change your Username and click on ‘OK’ to save.
NOTE: iPhone users might have to change the country for their Apple id to allow the update. To change apple id, follow the steps below:
- Open the app store app and select profile.
- Select the ‘Apple ID’ option.
- Go to the country and select Australia.
- Fill in the details and select ‘OK’ to save.
People Also Read: Melania NFT – How To Buy The Melania Vision 2021