Just like every successful business, Disney is not averse to following fads if there is money be made. Disney with a net worth of over $100 billion, the mouse house is hardly strapped for cash but that has not stopped the company from getting to the NFT coin currently dominating the alternative investment market.
The so-called non-fungible token does not exactly adhere to the traditional concept of what many think of when the term crypto is said, that is exactly what NFTs are, but how does one go about getting their head around the decidedly environmentally unfriendly assets?
Honestly, there are several avenues numerous enough, but in Disney’s case, the process is relatively simple. To coincide with Disney plus day on November 12, the company dropped several limited-edition pieces of digital art based on its owned brands, including the marvel and Simpsons.
What is a Non-Fungible Token?
Non-fungible tokens are cryptographic tokens that represent something unique. Unlike other cryptocurrencies, non-fungible tokens do not represent a mutually “interchangeable commodity” (in cryptos case, money). This means that you cannot part with an NFT and have it be replaced with something of equal value later, as you would be able to in the case of cash.
The history of NFTs dates back to 2017 when an American studio larva labs developed CryptoPunks, a series of collectible digital characters that are traded through NFTs, which now serves as a good starting point in the process of getting your head around the tech.
Part of NFT offer is that Veve app will pay for the first three months of a new Disney+ subscription in certain territories, which is subject to terms and conditions.
Disney, the global media conglomerate behind Pixar, Marvel, and more announced a partnership with mobile NFT platform Veve, promising to drop collectibles of iconic, beloved characters.
The title of this NFT series is ‘Golden moments’, the first set of this golden moment NFT dropped on Nov. 7 which featured digital, gold figurines of the Simpsons show. Other drops include; the NFTs characters from Pixar and Walt Disney Animations Studios, including Elsa and Wall–E.
The next NFT dropped on the 10th of November at 3 pm ET and featured the most beloved character of the Marvel cinematic universe; Iron Man.
How to Buy Disney NFT on the VeVe App
- Visit your mobile app stores, VeVe app is available the in cross mobile platforms that is both iOS and Android.
- Download the Veve mobile app on your device.
- Login and go to your profile page located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Go to the wallet option, here you will have to set up an account with Gems to purchase Disney NFTs. In order to do this tap on get more gems.
- Most Disney NFTs cost 60 gems each, so fund your account accordingly. You should at least have 60 gems to buy an NFT. Tap on the up arrow to top up your gems until the number says 60.
- Next, tap on Buy Now. Proceed with the transaction and you will get a window that says Payment Successful.
- On the bottom-left, tap on Store. If you’re browsing around during off-peak hours, you may notice many — if not all — Disney NFTs are sold out. You must make sure to be on the Veve app at the next drop (and you must be punctual) to snag the new collectibles before they’re sold out.
- Once the drop occurs, quickly click on the Golden Moments collection under Latest Drops.
- Next, tap on Buy to initiate the transaction and secure your Disney NFT.
- After the purchase, you should find your new NFT under the Collection tab.
- Keep in mind that some collections in Disney’s Golden Moments are “Blind Boxes.” In other words, you’ll receive a random collectible and you won’t know which one you’ll get until after payment. For example, for the Pixar Golden Moments drop, you could get lucky and secure the Wall-E NFT or get an unwanted Pizza Planet Truck NFT.
The next Golden Moments will feature Marvel characters. Tap on Notify Me to get an alert when this NFT collection drops.
PEOPLE ALSO READ >>> Wakanda Inu Coin Review – Wakanda Inu Coin Price Prediction | Wakanda Inu Values