This credit card is made exclusively for military personnel, veterans, and their families who have military exchange access. The military star credit card can only be used at on-base exchanges and you won’t pay any interest when making purchases, you also earn 2x points for all purchases. The military star can be used at on-base exchanges, gas stations, commissaries, clothing /uniform shops, and certain other locations. If approved for this credit card, your credit scores do not determine your purchase APR. When issued the card, you must make purchases within 24 hours of receiving your card. When approved for this card, you will receive a low APR, regardless of what your credit score is. If you have this card and you get deployed, you can still make use of it for purchases but you won’t be required to make monthly payments and you’ll maintain a 6% temporary interest rate. However, this card cannot be used for off-base purchases with civilian retailers. Your credit card must be paid off at the time of separation from the military and the military can then directly take money out of your bank account for missed payments. This credit card comes with a line of credit to help with your financial needs.
How the Card Works
Military Star credit card gives 2x points per dollar spent on all purchases. It gives an introductory bonus of 10% discount for purchases within 24 hours of receiving your credit card. It has a penalty APR of 18.24%, however, this is variable. Returned payment fee is up to $25. This credit doesn’t attach fees to; foreign transactions, additional cards annual fee, late fee, intro balance transfer APR, regular balance transfer APR, cash advance APR, cash advance fee, and balance transfer fee.
This credit card comes with amazing rewards and discounts as well as a low-interest rate on your approved line of credit. You are responsible for payment of any outstanding balance on your account after separation from service. You are given 2 points for every dollar you spend when you shop with exchange facilities and armed forces recreation center resort hotels. You can equally earn points at Army and Air Force exchange service food courts, express locations, mall vendors, and other outlets. Your credit card has a conversation rate of $1 in rewards for every $50 spent, which is equal to a 2% purchase reward.
The benefits of military star credit card are;
- No annual fee
- No late fee
- No over-limit fee
- Interest rate is not influenced by your credit score
- You can add users of your choice to your card
- When your card is approved, you will get a 10% discount for purchases on the first day
- This credit card can be used at commissaries
- Users enjoy exclusive savings
- 10% discount on food every day
- There is no back interest when 0% of promotions expire
- You get a five-cent per gallon fuel discount on gas.
How to Apply
To apply for military star credit card, follow the steps below;
- Visit the My exchange credit program website to apply
- Immediately the page loads, click on apply now
- On the next page, read through the agency disclosure notice, privacy act statement, and instructions before you complete your application form
- After going through it, click on the continue button
- Type in your personal information such as your names, SSN, suffix, date of birth, street name, state, suite, city, zip code
- Tap on ‘I agree button ‘ to proceed
- Lastly, click on continue.
Upon successful application, follow the steps below to login to your military star credit card account;
- Visit the military star website
- When the page loads, enter your username and your password
- Tap on remember user ID to remember your details
- Lastly, click on the login to gain access to your account.