The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max was officially released on October 13, 2020. This is the biggest and heaviest phone Apple has ever made. The iPhone 12 Pro Max is powered by the new Apple A14 Bionic Processor. It has a 6.7inch Super Retina XDR OLED capacitive touchscreen, 2778 x 1284 pixels resolution, and HDR display. The device’s screen is protected by a unique ceramic shield.
The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max has three camera lenses at the back which are 12MP wide, 12MP telephoto (5x optical zoom), and a 12MP ultrawide. It also has a LIDAR sensor which is used in shooting portraits in Night mode. The front camera has a 12MP wide and an SL 3D (biometric sensor) camera sensor.
The phone runs on the iOS 14 operating system and has a non-removable Li-ion 3,687mAh battery, 20W fast charging, USB Power Delivery 2.0, supports 7W Qi Wireless charging, and 15W MagSafe Wireless charging.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max comes in four colors which are Pacific Blue, Graphite, Silver, and Gold. The Smartphone consists of sensors like LIDAR sensor, Face ID, Accelerometer, Light sensor, In-display Fingerprint sensor, Gyroscope, Proximity sensor, Compass, Barometer, and Siri natural language commands and dictation.
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Specs:
- Body: The phone comes with a Stainless-steel frame with a glossy finish, Ceramic Shield front with oleophobic coating, Glass back with frosted finish, IP68 certified for dust and water resistance. Pacific Blue, Graphite, Silver, and Gold color options. 160.8 x 78.1 x 7.4mm, 228g.
- Display: The display features a 6.7inch Retina XDR OLED screen with 1,284 x 2,778px resolution, 458ppi, 800 nits, 120Hz touch sensing. HDR10, Dolby Vision support, wide color gamut, True tone.
- Chipset: Apple A14 Bionic chip (5nm)- Hexa-core (2×3.1 GHz Firestorm + 4×1.8 GHz Icestorm with 3.1 GHz Turboboost) Apple CPU, four-core Apple GPU, 16-core Apple NPU 4-gen.
- Memory: Its memory comes in three capacities which are 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, and 512GB 6GB RAM.
- Rear camera: Triple 12MP camera: Primary – 1.7um pixels, 26mm, f/1.6, IBIS, Dual Pixel AF; Ultrawide angle – 1.0um pixels, 13mm, f/2.4, 120-degree field of view; Telephoto – 1.0um pixels, 65mm, f/2.2, OIS, 2.5x optical zoom; dual-LED flash with slow sync. Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion.
- Video recording: 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, OIS + EIS, Dolby Vision capturing.
- Front camera: Dual camera – 23mm 12MP f/2.2 front-facing camera with HDR mode + 3D TOF camera; Night Mode, Smart HDR 3, Deep Fusion. 2160p@60/30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps video recording with wider dynamic range and spatial sound, EIS.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 5G, 4G; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/6; Bluetooth 5.0; Lightning port; GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS; NFC; Apple U1 chip ultrawideband.
- Battery: 3,687mAh battery, 20W fast charging, 15 Qi wireless charging (MagSafe).
- Misc: Face ID through dedicated TrueDepth camera, stereo speakers, Taptic Engine.
Unboxing the Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max
The Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max comes in a thin and lightweight box containing the Smartphone and a USB-C-to-Lightning cable. The charger or earpods are not included inside the box but you will find a SIM ejection pin and an Apple sticker deep inside the box.
RECOMMENDED >>> Review of Samsung Galaxy A42: Specs at a Glance