The AOL email service is one of the dedicated services which allows users to create a free email account to connect with friends and family.
AOL is now owned by Verizon which was bought for $4.4 billion in 2015. Verizon also bought yahoo in 2017 for a price of $4.5 billion. The two companies were merged into a new venture which is currently known as Oath.
With the acquisition of AOL mail by Verizon it is now possible for Verizon customers to now use the AOL mailing service i.e., customers can sign in to the AOL Verizon email service. In 2017 Verizon made a new move concerning how Users can access their email account, however instead of using the Verizon email services login portal, all users can Verizon services are now moved to the AOL mail or Yahoo mailing service.
How to Create an AOL Mail Verizon Account
Currently, users cannot create a Verizon email account as all accounts have been moved to the AOL mail account, which means that the only way users can create a Verizon mail account is via AOL mail. AOL mail is a secured and delightful mailing service for users. Below are some of the steps you can follow to create an AOL email account:
- Visit the AOL Mail official website.
- Now, click on the create account button.
- Fill in the sign up fields with their appropriate input, These fields include:
- First name and Last name.
- Choose an email address with “aol.com.”
- Choose a secured password.
- Input your mobile phone number.
- Select your date of birth from the DOB field.
- Select your gender and click continue.
- Lastly click on the sign up button. This will ask you to verify your email address and finalize your sign up procedure.
How to Login to AOL Mail Verizon
The AOL Verizon email login can now be accessible via the official AOL or Yahoo Mail website. To sign in to your AOL Verizon email account follow the steps below:
- From your web browser input “mail.aol.com” or click here.
- This will take you directly to the AOL mailing sign in page.
- Simply, enter email address or username and click next.
- Input your AOL mail account password and click on sign in.
The AOL mailing service has a mobile application platform for both android and iOS available in their respective app store. You can consider using the app to login.
How to Update AOL Mail Settings
AOL Mail can be customized to suit your every need. Personalize how you write emails, manage your incoming messages, the general look of your inbox, and more.
- Sign in to AOL Mail.
- Under your username, click Options | Mail Settings.
- Click the tab for the setting you want to change.
How to Unsubscribe from Email Subscriptions
Is your inbox getting out of control with newsletters and daily deals? AOL Mail makes it easy to send an unsubscribe request to the sender on your behalf:
- From your AOL Mail inbox, click on the newsletter or promo email.
- Click the Spam icon.
- If you’re given the option, click Unsubscribe and you will no longer receive messages from the mailing list. If you click Report as spam the message will be marked as spam and moved into the spam folder.
If you don’t get a pop-up to unsubscribe, don’t worry! The emails will still be marked as spam, and all future emails will go to the spam folder to be automatically deleted.